This is the Credit Guide of:
National Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd ACN 093 874 376 (“we/us”) Australian Credit Licence: 391209
This document provides information about the services we and our Credit Representative/s each provide you, and the way we each use, hold,
provide and share your information between parties.
Our Credit Representative/s are independently owned businesses, who are licensed by National Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd to arrange loans and leases under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
Our Credit Representative/s will provide you with information on a broad range of lenders and products including:
• Residential, Investment and Commercial Loans;
• Personal Loans;
• Line of Credit, Credit Cards and Credit Facilities; and
• Equipment Finance.
National Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd makes available to our Credit Representative/s access to over 2,000 products from over 30 credit providers. Our Credit Representative/s do not have access to the whole market and there may be other features or options available to you, sometimes at a lower cost.
Based on the information you provide, our Credit Representative/s will recommend products from lenders on our lender panel with whom the Credit Representative/s hold accreditations with.
When making recommendations, our Credit Representative/s may exclude lenders and products for consideration for several factors including current service levels, credit policy and pricing.
Once you have chosen a loan or lease that is suitable for you, our Credit Representative/s will help you obtain an approval.
As part of our service to you we will be available should you have any questions regarding changes to your personal situation or wish to discuss your loan. We will maintain regular contact and check in on you around the first anniversary of your loan. On the second anniversary of your loan we offer a further review of your personal circumstances and the loan structure (including a review of your current interest rate) to ensure the loan still meets your needs and objectives.
Obligations when assisting you to obtain credit
• Make reasonable enquiries about your requirements and objectives;
• Make reasonable enquiries about your financial situation; and
• Take reasonable steps to verify your financial situation.
Credit will be unsuitable if, at the time of the preliminary assessment, our Credit Representative/s forms the view it is likely that at the time the credit is provided:
• You will not be able to pay or could only pay with substantial hardship; or
• The credit will not meet your requirements or objectives.
For these reasons, our Credit Representative/s must ask you to provide a significant amount of information. It is important that the information you provide is accurate. If you knowingly provide information that is not true, correct or complete, it may affect your ability to secure finance, adversely affect your credit rating and/or may result in action against you.
If a loan is arranged for you to purchase or refinance real estate, remember you must make your own enquiries about the value of the real estate and its potential for future growth. As part of the application process, a valuation may be required. This valuation is for the lender’s use and you should not place any reliance on it.
Under the National Credit Act, Credit Representative/s are obliged to make a preliminary assessment to ensure that any loan or principal increase to a loan they assist you in applying for and any lease you apply for is not unsuitable for you. To decide this, you will need to answer questions in order for our Credit Representative/s to assess that the loan or lease is not unsuitable. The National Credit Act requires Credit Representative/s to:
You will receive a copy of the Credit Proposal
You will receive a written copy of our Credit Proposal, which will include a summary of the inquiries we made and the factual information we relied on. If misplaced, you may ask for a copy of this assessment up to 7 years after the time we assist you.
Our Credit Representative/s will provide you with our Credit Proposal within 7 business days if you ask for a copy within 2 years from the date you are assisted.
Fees Payable by you
Our Credit Representative/s may charge a fee for the services provided to you. If a fee is payable, details of the fee will b e set out in a Credit Quote which they will give to you. You can obtain details of how any fees and charges payable by you are worked out by contacting us or our Credit Representative/s.
Commissions received by us
We may receive commissions from the lenders and lessors who provide finance for loans introduced by our Credit Representative/s. These are not fees payable by you. You can obtain an estimate of the commission likely to be received and how it is worked out by contacting us. Further details of the commission earned by us and how we share it with our Credit Representative/s will also be set out in the Credit Proposal Document we will provide to you before applying for finance.
Our lenders may provide non-monetary incentives by way of gifts or by invitation to attend events. These are classified as Alternative Forms of Remuneration details of which are recorded on an Alternative Forms of Remunerations Register, including the value, or best estimate of the value. The Alternative Forms of Remuneration Register relevant to you can be made available to you upon request. Additionally, the lenders may keep a register of these benefits and you may obtain a copy of the details directly from them.
Commissions payable by us
We and our Credit Representative/s source referrals from a broad range of sources. For example, referrals may be received from finance brokers, real estate agents, accountants, financial planners, lawyers and call centre companies.
We and our Credit Representative/s may pay our referral source a fee or commission for the referral of business.
You may obtain from us or our Credit Representative/s an estimate of the amount of commission payable and how it is worked out by contacting us.
Dispute Resolution Procedures
How we aim to resolve complaints and disputes.
We have an Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) process and are also a member of an independent External Dispute Resolution Scheme (EDRS).
Our dispute resolution system covers complaints by persons to whom we or our Credit Representative/s provide credit assistance. If you have any complaints about these services, contact us. We aim to resolve the majority of complaints within five (5) business days. If we believe it may take longer than this to resolve your complaint or to investigate the matter thoroughly, we will keep you informed of the progress.
Complaints can be made in writing (letter or email) or verbally (telephone or personal representation) and will be referred to our complaints officer for response.
Complaints can be directed to:
National Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd
Level 18, 535 Bourke Street MELBOURNE VIC 3000
Phone 1300 668 662
Email [email protected]
In many cases, using our IDR procedures will lead to a successful resolution. However if we are unable to resolve your problem, you may contact our External Dispute Resolution Scheme (EDRS) provider.
EDRS is a free service established to provide you with an independent mechanism to resolve specific complaints.
|Our EDRS provider is:||Australian Financial Complaints Authority|
|and may be contacted at:||PO Box 3, MELBOURNE VIC 3000|
|Phone||1800 931 678|
Our Credit Representatives
Details of the credit representative you are dealing with are set out below:
|Company Details||AUSFINANCE HOLDINGS PTY LTD|
|Address||Level 1, Suite 4, 97 Grafton Street BONDI JUNCTION NSW 2022|
|Corporate Representative Numbers|
Our Credit Representative has access to a panel of lenders through National Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd. National Mortgage Brokers is a fully-owned subsidiary of Liberty Financial Pty Ltd (ACN 077 248 983/Australian Credit Licence 286596). Our Credit Representative may have access to products including those from Liberty Financial Pty Ltd or other associated companies.
The information specified in this Document applies to our Credit Representative/s.
Our Credit Representatives may have access to preferential service arrangements with some of the credit providers. These arrangements may include faster processing times and greater levels of assistance when applying for approval of your loan. Our Credit Representative will advise you of any preferential service arrangements as part of their recommendation to you.
Licencee’s Top Six Lenders
Details of the top six lenders with whom the Licencee currently conducts business:
Credit Rep’s Top Financiers
Details of financiers whom your credit representative currently conducts most of their business with are:
|Commonwealth Bank – 47%|
|NAB – 27%|
|ME Bank – 8%|
|St George – 5%|
|Macquarie Bank – 5%|
|ANZ – 4%|
|NAB Commercial – 2%|
|Pepper – 2%|
|ING Direct – 1%|
Privacy Act Consent and Acknowledgment
Collection and use of your information
You authorise us to:
- Collect your information to verify your identity in accordance with the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 and if you are applying for a credit facility, certain State property laws, e.g., the Real Property Act in NSW and to assess your application for credit under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 , if applicable.
- Collect your information from you directly or through third parties who undertake the collection on our behalf.
- Collect information for specific purposes which may include any sensitive information (including health information), and may include any information you tell us about any vulnerability you may have. For example, information about your health to enable the lender/service provider to assess an application you make for credit or insurance.
- Collect and use your information: (a) to provide credit advice and submit your application for credit to our supplier for consideration; (b) (unless you tell us not to) to identify and tell you via direct marketing communications about products and services offered by us or a third party that may interest you; (c) to administer our customer relationships; (d) for internal processes including reporting and analytical purposes; (e) to meet our reporting obligations under the Corporations Act 2001 , Income Tax Act 1997 and the Fringe Benefit Tax Assessment Act 1986 and any other legislative requirement; (f) establishing a customer marketing program; (g) system development testing purposes; and (h) for any purpose related to the above.
- Collect and use or provide your information to National Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd., ABN 88 093 874 376.
- Collect, use, provide and share information between suppliers (including any other credit provider who has lent money on the same security) your information.
- Collect, use and share your information between mortgage insurers, brokers, originators and/or managers and financial consultants, accountants, lawyers, or real estate agents acting in connection with your application or financing or purchase of a property or purchase of a product or service, to assess the risk of providing you with mortgage insurance and/or to assist in responding to any enquiries we receive from you.
- Provide or seek your consumer or commercial credit information to or from a credit reporting body to assess an application for credit.
- Provide your information to government agencies or other parties where required or authorised by law.
- Provide your information to any of our suppliers, associates, service providers or contractors (including, for example, call centre, stationery printing houses, administrative services, mail houses, information technology, marketing agencies, and marketing research companies etc.), some of which may be located overseas.
- Disclose your information to (i) (unless you tell us not to) third parties to enable them to contact you to offer their products and services or to determine if you would be interested in the products and services, or (ii) any person considering acquiring or taking an interest in our business.
- Disclose your information to another person in connection with funding financial accommodation by means of an arrangement involving securitisation.
- Provide your information to any person who proposes to guarantee or has guaranteed repayment of any credit provided to you.
- Hold or process your information on servers located overseas for filtering, hosting or storage purposes, reporting and analytical purposes and for system development testing purposes.
You have other rights to access personal information National Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd and our Credit Representative/s (we), collect about you under the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Please refer to our privacy statement which is available on our website.
· Other ways and reasons that we may collect, use or provide your information;
· How you may access and seek correction of your information; and
· How to complain about a breach of your privacy rights and our complaint handling procedures.
Please read the following acknowledgements.
You acknowledge that:
· if you give us your electronic or telephone details, we or our third party business associates may use these to communicate with you electronically by email, hyperlink, making documents available for a reasonable period on an information system for retrieval by electronic communication, phone or SMS, to provide you with: (a) offers to issue or sell financial, credit and other products or services; (b) marketing and commercial communications; (c) financial services and credit guides and other disclosure documents;
· if you consent to documents being given by electronic communication, paper documents may no longer be given, electronic communications must be regularly checked for documents, and that consent to the giving of documents by electronic communication may be withdrawn at any time;
· when you give us personal information about another person, you are authorised by that person to do so and agree to inform that person of the contents of this document;
· you will inform us as soon as possible if your personal details change (for example, name, email address);
· you have the right to withhold consent to receive direct marketing material by selecting the option below. You may choose to change this consent at any time; and
· The information you have provided in relation to this transaction is true and correct.
Updating this Document
All details are current as the date of this Document: 01 April 2021
For further information contact us at: AusFinance
A: Suite 4, 97 Grafton Street Bondi Junction NSW 2022
E: [email protected]