Privacy Act Consent and Acknowledgment
Collection and use of your information
You authorise us to:
- Collect your information to verify your identity in accordance with the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 and if you are applying for a credit facility, certain State property laws, e.g., the Real Property Act in NSW and to assess your application for credit under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 , if applicable.
- Collect your information from you directly or through third parties who undertake the collection on our behalf.
- Collect information for specific purposes which may include any sensitive information (including health information), and may include any information you tell us about any vulnerability you may have. For example, information about your health to enable the lender/service provider to assess an application you make for credit or insurance.
- Collect and use your information: (a) to provide credit advice and submit your application for credit to our supplier for consideration; (b) (unless you tell us not to) to identify and tell you via direct marketing communications about products and services offered by us or a third party that may interest you; (c) to administer our customer relationships; (d) for internal processes including reporting and analytical purposes; (e) to meet our reporting obligations under the Corporations Act 2001 , Income Tax Act 1997 and the Fringe Benefit Tax Assessment Act 1986 and any other legislative requirement; (f) establishing a customer marketing program; (g) system development testing purposes; and (h) for any purpose related to the above.
- Collect and use or provide your information to National Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd., ABN 88 093 874 376.
- Collect, use, provide and share information between suppliers (including any other credit provider who has lent money on the same security) your information.
- Collect, use and share your information between mortgage insurers, brokers, originators and/or managers and financial consultants, accountants, lawyers, or real estate agents acting in connection with your application or financing or purchase of a property or purchase of a product or service, to assess the risk of providing you with mortgage insurance and/or to assist in responding to any enquiries we receive from you.
- Provide or seek your consumer or commercial credit information to or from a credit reporting body to assess an application for credit.
- Provide your information to government agencies or other parties where required or authorised by law.
- Provide your information to any of our suppliers, associates, service providers or contractors (including, for example, call centre, stationery printing houses, administrative services, mail houses, information technology, marketing agencies, and marketing research companies etc.), some of which may be located overseas.
- Disclose your information to (i) (unless you tell us not to) third parties to enable them to contact you to offer their products and services or to determine if you would be interested in the products and services, or (ii) any person considering acquiring or taking an interest in our business.
- Disclose your information to another person in connection with funding financial accommodation by means of an arrangement involving securitisation.
- Provide your information to any person who proposes to guarantee or has guaranteed repayment of any credit provided to you.
- Hold or process your information on servers located overseas for filtering, hosting or storage purposes, reporting and analytical purposes and for system development testing purposes.
You have other rights to access personal information National Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd and our Credit Representative/s (we), collect about you under the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Please refer to our privacy statement which is available on our website.
· Other ways and reasons that we may collect, use or provide your information;
· How you may access and seek correction of your information; and
· How to complain about a breach of your privacy rights and our complaint handling procedures.
Please read the following acknowledgements.
You acknowledge that:
· if you give us your electronic or telephone details, we or our third party business associates may use these to communicate with you electronically by email, hyperlink, making documents available for a reasonable period on an information system for retrieval by electronic communication, phone or SMS, to provide you with: (a) offers to issue or sell financial, credit and other products or services; (b) marketing and commercial communications; (c) financial services and credit guides and other disclosure documents;
· if you consent to documents being given by electronic communication, paper documents may no longer be given, electronic communications must be regularly checked for documents, and that consent to the giving of documents by electronic communication may be withdrawn at any time;
· when you give us personal information about another person, you are authorised by that person to do so and agree to inform that person of the contents of this document;
· you will inform us as soon as possible if your personal details change (for example, name, email address);
· you have the right to withhold consent to receive direct marketing material by selecting the option below. You may choose to change this consent at any time; and
· The information you have provided in relation to this transaction is true and correct.
Updating this Document
All details are current as the date of this Document: 01 April 2021
For further information contact us at: AusFinance
A: Suite 4, 97 Grafton Street Bondi Junction NSW 2022
E: [email protected]